Running an ecommerce business is simple for beginners — you may have a Facebook page and listings on social media. Ecommerce outsourcing becomes an excellent idea once you see the increase of interest in your products and your customer base grows.
While some businesses choose to build an in-house team, the others find benefits in outsourcing their ecommerce operations.
Once you find yourself at the crossroads, it is time to choose. Are you outsourcing your ecommerce business or building it in-house?
In this article, we will provide you with 10 reasons for ecommerce outsourcing and how your business can profit.
Outsource Ecommerce and Focus on Your Core Business
One of the most common reasons why business owners and CEOs look for outsourcing clients for their ecommerce business is that it gives them the ability to focus on their core!
What does that mean?
That means that you will be able to think about strategic growth, finding and selling products, improving your customer experience and getting your business to the next level. Meanwhile, the outsourcing company takes care of all the other aspects of your business:
- Digital Marketing
- Website Design and Development
- Customer Support
These are the common aspects companies outsource to their partners when they are outsourcing ecommerce! At Morph, we provide top-notch customer service for ecommerce businesses worldwide and have years of experience in other sectors. More importantly, we have the team and the equipment to take care of it all.
Become More Efficient
Making sure that you find the right outsourcing partner that has all the infrastructure in place is crucial. Not only will you no longer take care of secondary matters, but you will become more efficient in what you do.
Outsourcing the aspects of your ecommerce business to an experienced group of people who know the language and the culture well will make it so that everyone knows what they need to do.
Once everyone’s on the same page, there’s no limit to your growth. There will be no unnecessary meetings, clearing things up and wasting money on your operations. And speaking of money…
Outsourcing Ecommerce is Cost-Effective
The first three things on your mind when you outsource your business should be
- Quality of an outsourcing partner and how they complement your team
- Improved efficiency and the results they achieve
- Overall satisfaction and communication
But there’s one more thing that’s a nice benefit for every ecommerce business that wants to find an outsourcing partner.
And that’s money.
A fully outsourced and managed ecommerce business comes with the benefit of big cost saving. Now, you’ll still spend money to pay for the outsourcing services, but you will reduce your overhead costs and your operational costs significantly.
According to a survey conducted by Deloitte, 59% of businesses outsource to reduce costs. Outsourcing various e-commerce functions such as customer service, order fulfillment, and IT support can lead to significant cost savings compared to in-house operations.
Get Experts On Your Side
Outsourcing and managing online stores requires a lot of skill. In other words, you’ll need to hire professionals from different aspects of the business such as marketing, logistics, management, etc.
Hiring individuals and creating teams to run your online store can become too expensive. Not only that, but you need your team members to complement each other and work together.
Outsourcing e-commerce to established outsourcing companies solves this issue immediately. They already have people who specialize in sales, customer support, digital marketing, website development and design or other fields.
The moment they start working, they’ll apply their expertise and you’ll see the results quickly. But there’s more to it.
You might run your ecommerce business online, but also have your stores in different countries. Establishing a store where your remote outsourcing partner is will become much easier as they can ensure proper setup, know rules and regulations and the mentality of the customers in the region.
Outsourcing Ecommerce Makes Your Business More Flexible
Scaling your ecommerce business is much easier when you are working with an outsourcing company.
Outsourcing companies usually have multiple partners they are working with. They might all be from ecommerce, but they can be from different industries as well. Either way, they have teams and experts working on multiple projects simultaneously.
If your online store starts growing and you want to do more in the next quarter, you can talk to your outsourcing partner and they will quickly redistribute their team.
On the other hand, you might want to slow things down due to a supply chain issue, for instance. They can easily ‘lay low’ while their team members get transferred to different projects.
By having an in-house team, you’d need to hire more people, or, unfortunately fire some of your workers during these fluctuations.
Flexibility is Crucial
The flexibility is still useful as your business keeps growing and you may not yet have a clear direction. This circles back to our first point. Having an ecommerce outsourcing team by your side that works FOR your business will allow you to work ON your business.
But there’s more. Remember that we’ve said you’ve been working with experts?
Although you may outsource your operational tasks to your overseas outsourcing partner, keep in mind that these people have experience in ecommerce and they can help you make the right decisions. Nobody stops you from organizing meetings with the top management of the outsourcing company and asking for advice on how to proceed and get an opinion from their side.
How useful is that?
What makes this better is that outsourcing companies from Europe or Asia are often straightforward and they’ll let you know what they think is best for you and not what you wanted to hear. This, of course, depends on the individual business you are cooperating with, but it’s always a good idea to ask them questions to get different opinions.
24/7 Customer Support
One of the biggest challenges ecommerce businesses face is providing top-notch customer support. The bigger the business, the better the support should be. That means that you need to have a large group of people who will be available to solve issues as they occur, talk to customers and answer their questions and simply provide them with an enjoyable experience.
This can increase your customer retention significantly. For example, having professional agents who empathize with clients and solve their problems is a must in any ecommerce business.
Did you know that according to a survey conducted by eMarketer, 83% of consumers are more likely to make another purchase from an e-commerce store after a positive customer service experience.
On the other hand, Help Scout’s research shows that 78% of consumers have bailed on a transaction or not made an intended purchase due to poor customer service.
Let’s talk more about customer support, as this is one of the most commonly outsourced services from ecommerce businesses. What can you get from an outsourcing partner when you allow them to be in charge of your customer service?
How Does Your Ecommerce Customer Service Look Like With an Outsourcing Partner?
Outsourcing your ecommerce business will allow you to upgrade your customer service and ultimately sell more products! Here’s what you can get with the professional customer service:
- Prompt issue resolution: When customers face problems or have inquiries, providing quick and effective solutions can significantly impact their satisfaction levels. Fast response times and efficient issue resolution create a positive impression and improve the likelihood of customers returning to make future purchases.
- Personalized support: Tailoring customer support to meet individual needs and preferences can foster a sense of importance and value. By understanding customers’ specific requirements and providing personalized recommendations or assistance, you can enhance the overall customer experience and increase the likelihood of repeat purchases.
- Clear communication: Effective communication is crucial for building trust and maintaining strong relationships with customers. Providing clear and concise information about products, services, promotions, and order status helps customers make informed decisions and reduces any potential confusion or frustration. Transparent communication builds credibility and can lead to long-term customer loyalty.
What Else Is There?
- Proactive engagement: Rather than just waiting for customers to reach out with concerns, proactive engagement can make a significant difference. This can involve following up with customers after a purchase to ensure satisfaction, sending personalized offers or recommendations based on their previous purchases, or providing relevant updates about new products or services. Proactive engagement demonstrates that you value their business and are committed to their satisfaction.
- Multichannel support: Offering customer support across multiple channels (such as email, live chat, phone, and social media) enables customers to reach out using their preferred method. Meeting customers where they are and providing consistent support across various channels helps to strengthen the customer-business relationship and increase the likelihood of customer retention.
- Feedback incorporation: Actively seeking and incorporating customer feedback into your business processes demonstrates that you value their opinions and are committed to improvement. By analyzing feedback, identifying pain points, and making necessary adjustments, you can enhance the customer experience and build long-term loyalty.
- Loyalty programs and incentives: Implementing loyalty programs or providing exclusive incentives can further encourage customer retention. Offering rewards, discounts, or special promotions to loyal customers demonstrates appreciation for their continued support and incentivizes them to keep coming back to your ecommerce store.
Gain Competitive Advantage
With the ability to scale quickly and having a fully-fledged team by your side, you’ll be able to get ahead of the competition. The amount of work you do on a daily basis when you outsource your ecommerce business is more than your competitors can manage to accomplish.
This will allow you to create trust with your customers as they will get their goods on time, have a smooth experience and even if something goes wrong, you have your customer support at the ready.
Find The Right Outsourcing Partner
Now that you know the benefits of outsourcing ecommerce, it is time to find the right overseas partner.
First you need to decide what exactly you want to outsource. Are you looking for outsourcing partners that can take care of e-commerce fulfillment (receiving and stocking inventory, order processing, picking orders, shipping and delivery, return management) or do you need someone for customer support and online presence?
What’s your goal when it comes to hiring your outsourcing partner? Do you want to reduce costs or scale up?
Once you answer these questions, your second task is to look for an outsourcing partner for your ecommerce business.
Outsource Your Ecommerce To Morph Networks
To save you time, you can quickly get in touch with our agents and schedule your call for ecommerce support outsourcing. We’ll provide you with all the necessary support for your online store. Also, we’ll allow you to focus on your core business.
Our native-level speakers have years of experience in customer support! We have large teams of people that can cater to your needs and help your clients receive the best possible experience when shopping online.
Check out how it works and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to book your call to see what other benefits we offer to your business!